Alberts is an innovative FoodTech startup based in Wijnegem (Antwerp), founded in August 2015 by 3 young entrepreneurs. Four years later, our team has grown to 8 highly-motivated employees. Our mission? Making personalized healthy food accessible and affordable through technology. That’s why we made the first automated and connected smoothie vending machine in the world. In the last year, we have placed the first 10 machines on the Belgian market and made smoothies available to thousands of people. Exciting things are in the pipeline for the future, also in the Software department. Which is why we are looking for a Full-Stack Software Engineer to join our rockers team!
Join our Software Team as Full-Stack Software Engineer
As part of the software team, you will help us shake up the food industry. With your scalable skills, you will actively contribute to the growth of our business. How? By developing and implementing tools to maximize the rentability of our vending 2.0 machines. We also count on your skills and knowledge for the platform that integrates the end-users’ experience with the operational aspects of the vending business.
Our mission: help people make healthy choices by making healthy food accessible to everyone, everywhere at any time.
The software engineer’s opportunity includes:
- Develop and implement scalable consumer centered software
- Design, implement and enhance our connected vending 2.0 machines
- Work closely with product, UX, design and sales teams to quickly prototype and iterate
- Own the architecture design, and implementation of our models stack from prototype through development and into a reliable scalable production system
- Become one of the core software developers within a young dynamic scale-up company
Apply if you recognize yourself in these qualifications:
- Juicy, expert level knowledge of Java Springboot, REST api-first development
- Linux (Debian or Ubuntu) knowledge and good command line knowledge to work via terminal is a must.
- Smooth communication skills, good understanding of UX and business. You know how to translate this to specific software development projects.
- Fresh and agile mindset. We work with bi-weekly scrum meetings. You have a lean and pragmatic attitude
- Top team player who blossoms in small teams and cherishes direct feedback
Let’s dangle that carrot: Alberts offers a full-time position. If this job is in line with your talent and interests, we need you to help us shake up the food industry. Please send us your CV ASAP (email@example.com) or give us a call (+32 494 61 58 30). We are looking forward to hearing from you.