We take your privacy very seriously. To better protect your privacy, we present this policy to explain you how we process your personal data as well as the choices you can make about the way your personal data is collected and used.
Our goal with this policy is to be transparent about which information we collect, how and when we use it, and when and whether it is shared.
For the purpose of the Law of 8 December 1992 concerning the protection of privacy, the Data Controller is Alberts NV with registered office at 2110 Wijnegem, Bijkhoevelaan 32 C, with registration number: VAT 0635.874.689, RPL Antwerp, division Antwerp.
Collecting personal information
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Through our site:
- Information about your computer including IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, and your operation system.
- Information about your site visits, use of this site incl. referral source, length of visit, page views, site navigation paths.
- Information generated through the use of our site, including when, how often and the circumstances of your visit.
- Information that you submit by filling out forms on our site alberts.be. This includes information such as your username, full name, email, profile picture as well as any content provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our newsletters, publishing material or requesting further services through our site. We may ask you for additional information when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Information sent to us through email or via a contact form on the site including communication content and metadata.
- Information collected through surveys for research purposes which you are not obliged to participate in. The information will be anonymized and can be provided via the provided contact information.
Through our app:
When you use SMOOTHIE CREATOR, we may collect personal data from you including:
- your first and last name;
- your email address;
- your age;
- your gender;
- your username;
- your password and other registration information;
- your device ID;
- transaction-related information, such as when you make purchases, respond to offers, or download or use applications from us;
- information you provide us when you contact us for help;
- credit card information for purchase and use of SMOOTHIE CREATOR, and;
- information you enter into our system when using SMOOTHIE CREATOR
You may not share another person’s personal data with us without their explicit consent.
We may use the information you submitted to us to contact you from time to time to provide you with important information, required notices and promotions.
In an ongoing effort to improve our services, additional personal data may be collected from you. In such case, we will notify you when the personal data collection takes place.
Storing and securing personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted [using SSL technology]. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
The security and integrity of your personal data is important to us. Therefore, we use generally accepted industry standards, technologies and procedures, such as firewalls, security software etc., in order to protect the integrity of your personal data and to prevent any unauthorized access. In addition, we limit access to this data to authorized employees and contractors who need to know this information in order to develop, operate and improve ALBERTS. However, no system can be 100% secure and despite our efforts, there is always a risk of unauthorized access to your personal data. In case of a breach, we will inform the individuals likely affected within 72 hours of finding out about the breach and will inform you about the steps we will take to rectify the situation.
Using personal information
We use the collected information about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site or app is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, if you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
We may use your personal data for the purposes of providing, improving and further developing our Services, analyzing usage of the Services, providing customer support, marketing by Alberts or our selected business partners that help us to provide these services. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. In case you do not want Alberts to use your personal data anymore for the purpose of direct marketing, you may at any time opt-out from receiving any further messages by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of such a message or you can also request to opt-out via our contact form.
Disclosing personal information
We will not share your personal data with third parties without your permission. Except in the limited circumstances provided in this privacy statement may personal data be collected from you and shared with our affiliates, agents and business partners.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- as required by law, such as to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation, if we reasonably believe that this is required by law, regulation or other legislation;
- when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request;
- if ALBERTS NV is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or a notice on our site of any change of ownership or uses of this information, as well as any choices you may have regarding this information.
Retaining personal info
We store personal data according to our retention policies and procedures. These are designed to make sure we comply with our legal obligations regarding the retention and deletion of personal information.
- We will store personal information that we process for any purpose or purposes for no longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes.
- We will retain documents (including electronic documents) containing personal data:
- To the extent that we have to lawfully do so;
- If we believe that the documents may be relevant to any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings;
- In order to establish, exercise, or defend our legal rights (incl. providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention).
You have the right to request that your data be corrected or deleted and to access the data we collect about you (for which we may request you to supply us evidence of your identity through a copy of your ID).
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by not checking opt-in and acceptance boxes underneath the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise this right at any time by contacting ALBERTS NV, Bijkhoevelaan 32 C, 2210 Wijnegem, Belgium.
In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal information, especially for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes through an unsubscribe link.
We may withhold personal information that you request according to the law.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
With proof of your identity, you can obtain, by submitting a written, dated and signed application to ALBERTS NV, Bijkhoevelaan 32 C, 2210 Wijnegem, Belgium the written notification of your personal details free of charge. If necessary you can also request to correct any personal details that are incorrect, incomplete or irrelevant. Please let us know if any personal information that we hold about you needs be corrected or updated.
You can at any time choose to cancel/end your account at your convenience. Please note that uninstalling the mobile application or closing your account will not automatically stop your subscription — you must actively cancel the subscription. Please note that if you have subscribed to SMOOTHIE CREATOR through the use of App Store, Google Play Store or any other such service provider, you can only cancel your subscription through the use of their services. To find out how to cancel the subscription and/or your account, please follow the instructions in the app or on the provider’s website.
We will communicate with you by email and notifications posted to your mobile device. If you do not wish to receive notifications on your mobile device, you can always turn off this service. Please be aware that if you unsubscribe from our mailing list you will still be receiving answers to your questions sent to our support service, however you will not be receiving promotional emails. It may take up to 14 business days for these changes to come into effect.
Questions, comments and requests can be send via our contact form.
IP addresses and cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including, where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalized service.
They enable us:
- To estimate our audience’s size and usage patterns;
- To store information about your preferences, which will allow us to customize our site according to your individual interests;
- To speed up your searches;
- To recognize you when you return to our site;
- To keep our website and app secure and prevent fraud.